Explore Coastal Monterey and 17 Mile Drive from a powerful electric bike. Ride as far as Carmel and back, and take in all the wildlife and scenery.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Host or greeter
- Private group
- Snap a photo at the Lone Cypress
- Dip your toe in the ocean at Asilomar Beach
- Explore the amazing food scenes of Carmel, Pacific Grove, and Monterey
- Have the chance to see sea otters, harbor seals, and sea lions
- Soak up the spectacular coastal views
- Electric bike sized for each rider
- Helmet (required)
- Locks (free on request)
- Handlebar bag
- Instructional briefing
- Food and drinks
- Extra batteries (available for extra fee)
- Additional time (available for extra fee)
- Gloves (available for purchase)
- People who can't ride a bike
- People under 4 ft 8 in (145 cm)
- People over 300 lbs (136 kg)
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Look for bikes on the porch along Ocean View Blvd. Directly across from Hopkin's Marine Station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Riding in light rain is optional. You can still go out, or you can cancel for a full refund.
- In the event of heavy rain (when more than 1 centimeter is forecast in 4 hours), the local partner will automatically reschedule or offer you the chance to cancel for a full refund.
- For a short section, the bikes ride along Ocean View Boulevard is shared with cars; ramp up the pedal-assist as needed. It's a wide scenic road, with cars and bikes typically going about the same pace. Make sure you're comfortable riding at least 15 mph/24 kph. The bikes are governed to 20 mph/32 kph, but typically you're unlikely to reach full speed on this particular stretch due to slow-moving cars. Soon, the road narrows and you will get a full bike lane.
- After Bird Rock, the bike lane again withers away through this scenic, curvy section. But by this point, most riders are comfortable riding the e-bikes 15—20 mph/24–32 kph with traffic.