From Zürich: Stein am Rhein and Rhine Falls
- Feel the roar of Europe's biggest waterfall at Schloss Laufen
- Learn the medieval history of Stein am Rhein
- Drive through a spectacular landscape of farming villages and picturesque vineyards
See the splendid medieval castle of Schloss Laufen and the mighty Rhine Falls and experience Europe's biggest waterfall. Get unique views from the panoramic lift and discover what it looks like when an average of 700,000 liters of water per second plunges into the basin below. Next, take the Belvedere Trail to a viewing platform right above the falls. Feel the rumbling waters beneath you. If you are feeling adventurous, take the optional boat ride and experience the falls from below.
Continue via Schaffhausen with its famous Munot Fortress, and soak up the views of the gently rolling vineyards and farming villages en route to Stein am Rhein. Upon arrival, learn about the well-preserved old town during a stroll, and see distinctive medieval buildings such as the church and former monastery of St. George's Abbey. Look at the half-timber frame townhouses, along with the city gates and towers, the Town Hall and the Armory. Admire the delicate wooden window frames of many of the buildings and marvel at their exceptional frescoes.
After some time at leisure, drive back to Zürich in the evening.
- Fully guided tour by professional multilingual guide
- Transportation in comfortable bus
- Entrance fees to Schloss Laufen, the Rhine Falls and its panoramic glass lift, the Belvedere Trail, Historama Castle Museum and the viewing platform at Känzeli
- Guided walk through the medieval old town of Stein am Rhein
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Optional boat ride in summer (CHF 10 per adult / CHF 5 per child; payable on the spot and subject to availability)
Prepare for the activity
Pickup from the Sihlquai Coach Parking near Zurich's main train station, Zürich Hauptbahnhof, at 1:15 PM. Take the tram 4, 6, or 13 to Sihlquai stop. Pickup at Zürich Airport is possible at 1:30 PM upon registration. From the arrival hall in terminal 1 or 2, follow the signs for “Bus | Coaches” and "Tram | Tramway." Once outside the building, you will see the covered regional bus terminal. Turn right and follow the sign "Kante | Lane J - R" and make your way to lane R. At lane R you will see a metal signpost saying "Bus | Reisebusse." Please wait there until your guide arrives by coach.Open in Google Maps ⟶