Discover Zanzibar’s history and culture as you see historic sites, explore a spice farm, and visit a local village. This 6-hour tour from Stone Town is ideal for visitors with limited time and want to experience a bit of everything Zanzibar has to offer.
What to Expect
This a full day excursion starting in Stone Town covering the history of the sultans, slave trade, and invasions that shaped Zanzibar’s history. Your guide will give you a broad overview of the island’s history and current affairs as you pass by many historic sites and visit the Slave Market.
A stop at the vibrant Darajani Market helps you to experience city life, with all the hustle and bustle, smells and noise. You will be driven to a spice farm and given the opportunity to taste seasonal spices and fruits as your guide describes their properties and uses. Throughout the tour, you can sample local delicacies and local staple foods.
Your next stop is at a local village for a slice of Zanzibari culture and lifestyle including cooking, weaving, building houses, and playing with the children. You will have chance to see what life is like for Zanzibaris.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Stone Town (transfers from hotels outside Stone Town are available on request at an additional cost)
- Lunch at Jafferji House & Spa (excluding drinks)
- Entrance fees to museums, parks, and the spice farm
- Local guide
What's Not Included
- Other effects of a personal nature not mentioned
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Russian guide supplement is US $30 for a group of up to 18 persons.
• Please dress conservatively when walking through Stone Town. Women should cover their shoulders and wear long skirts or trousers.
• Wear comfortable closed walking or hiking shoes and pants.