Zagreb: Wine & Dine Evening Wine Lovers Tour with a Local
- Walk, sip and eat your way through Zagreb with a wine expert and food-loving local guide
- Learn about the long tradition of wine-making in Croatia, including the country’s little known ties to Zinfandel
- Taste some of the best Croatian cheeses and other local specialties
- Take a seat in two of the best wine bars in Zagreb for a total of seven tasty wine samples
- Speak with some of the best local wine experts and find out the secrets of wine production in Croatia
Delve into the origins of Zinfandel, a wine most often associated with California. But on this tour, you’ll learn about a different side of the popular grape variety, which is said to have originated in Croatia. You’ll also get a look at local winemaking traditions, and learn some of the secrets of wine production in the country.
Along the way, sample a variety of local wine from some of the best wine bars in Zagreb, including the oldest wine bar in the city. The wines you taste will take you on a journey through many of the different wine-producing regions of Croatia. In addition to sipping, you’ll have a chance to pair your wine with various local snacks and tapas, as well as cheeses made from goat, sheep, and cow’s milk, some of which are flavored with herbs and truffles.
Make a stop along lively Tkalciceva Street, known for its hundreds of café bars. Then, prepare to be awed by something unexpected and truly special for wine-lovers: a vineyard smack in the middle of the city – not something you see every day.
Next, it’s time to head underground to explore Zagreb’s tunnels, some of which date back to medieval times. Cap off your day of wining and dining with a stop at one last wine bar for a few more snacks and noteworthy samples of local wine.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 7 tastings of wine at 2 different wine bars
- Cheese tastings
- Croatian-style snacks and tapas
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Gratuities for your guide
Prepare for the activity
Ban Jelacic Square, "under the tail." This is an old traditional meeting point (and expression) in the centre of Zagreb. Look for the monument of a man on a horse; when you are close to the backside of the horse, you are literally "under the tail."Open in Google Maps ⟶
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.