3-Hour Big Zagreb Private Walking Tour
Pickup includedPickup in hotel lobby, if located centrally.
- Discover Zagreb with a young local guide with 500 tours experience
- Take a 3-hour walk to all the main sights of the Old Town and the Downtown Zagreb
- Enjoy in-depth info on the culture, history and everyday life of Zagreb
- Get suggestions on how to spend the rest of your stay in Zagreb
The first part of the tour takes you to the beginnings of Zagreb. In the past the city was divided into two towns – Kaptol and Gradec. The tour covers both. In Kaptol guests will see the monumental Zagreb Cathedral, the 16th century town walls of Kaptol and the lively Dolac green market.
After the green market enter Gradec, today known as the Old Town. through the 13th century Stone Gate, see the iconic rooftop of St. Mark's church, learn the story why a cannon fires every day at noon from the Lotrscak Tower, see one of the shortest funiculars in the world and enjoy some stunning views.
After a walk around the older part of the city, visit Downtown Zagreb. The Flower's Square with it's busy cafes and the famous Green Horseshoe. A perfect example of park architecture, this line of parks and squares makes the most beautiful walk in Zagreb. The part that stands out on the walk for sure is the most important cultural institution in Croatia – the Croatian National Theater.
The tour can start from any centrally located meeting point (hotel lobby or Ban Jelacic Square). The standard route can be modified to suit your requests and interests, pick-up and drop off spots etc.
- 3-hour guidance around Old Town and Downtown
- Guidance by a certified local guide (with experience of over 500 tours)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off (optional, if located in the city center)
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Luggage or large bags