Kornati Kayaking and Cycling Day Trip from Zadar
From $68 per personBook now
- Kayak through some of 89 islands and reefs that form Kornati National Park
- Cycle along dirt trails through Telašćica Reserve with stunning views of the archipelago
- Swim and snorkle in deep waters under the high cliffs of Kornat islands and reefs
- Spread your towel on rocky shoreline of a random little island far from civlisation and then jump in crystal clear tourqoise sea
- Meet local people as they prepare their local daily catch (squid or fish)
- See ruins of Roman noblemen's house and Illyrian tombs to get a perspective of istorical forces that created Zadar as we know it today
- Spend an active day completely immersed in Croatia's beautiful nature
The tour begins at the picturesque and u spoilt fisherman village Sali on Dugi Otok island. You just need to get on the boat from Zadar to Sali operated by G&V line. Your guide will meet you as you get off the catamaran in Sali port.
Your boat connections departure Time: The below boat information is intended to assist you making your own way to Sali Harbor, where your guide will meet you.
You can buy your ticket one hour before departure in G&V ticketing office. See location here: https://goo.gl/VRq130 (100m from where the boat departs). Return ticket is around 10 Euros per person.
BOAT CONNECTION FROM ZADAR TO SALI:
Monday to Saturday at 10.30h from Zadar Old Town Harbor (arriving at Sali at 11.40h) and Sundays at 8.00h from Zadar Old Town Harbor (arriving at Sali at 8.50h)
BOAT CONNECTION FROM SALI TO ZADAR:
Your return boat back to Zadar departs Monday to Saturday from Sali at 20.50h (arriving in Zadar Old Town Harbor at 22h) and Sundays at 19:35 (arriving in Zadar Old Town Harbor at 20.40h)
11.40 am : Meet at Sali Harbor where you will alight the catamaran, and walk to the base where your bike will be customized.
12.00 am - 12.30 am: Cycling (around 30 minutes) Telašćica Reserve is partially a grid of one hundred year old olive fields and a partially barren terrain of carbonate rock. The route combines dirt roads and concrete roads that meander on the island hilltops, finishing in one of the secluded bays.
Then the bikes will be left as you hop into the pro touring (sit-in) kayaks (singles or doubles) and head towards Kornati National Park. From Kornati you can expect a very diverse paddling area with caves, cliffs and straits with views changing every couple of hundred meters. We move through a number of small uninhabited islands ideal for swimming, snorkeling and breathing in the air on these remote and stunningly raw islands.
12.30h – 13.00h Introduction to sea kayaking (and gear customization)
13.00h – 20:00 Sea kayaking to Kornati National park (including snorkeling and swimming breaks) and break for optional lunch in family run restaurant
Site on the way: Expect to find Roman and Illyrian archeological sites (you'll hear some insightful stories and anthropological observations about it on the trip). See kilometer long stone walls on an island with no running water or electricity.
Stop by one of the local, family run restaurants if you fancy a bite (8-15 Euros for mains) of locally caught fish and calamari by the hosts).
20.00h – 20.30h Cycling back to Sali.
20.50h: Departure from Sali
22.00h: Back in Zadar
Note that the schedule is slightly different on Sunday to accommodate for different boat connections. On Sunday, the trip starts at 9.00h and finishes at 19.55h (arriving in Zadar at 20.40h)
The approximate duration of your full day experience is 9,5 hours (1h cycling, 6-7h kayaking) The length depends on the weather and the preferences of the group. You can estimate: cycling 10km, kayaking 20-30km.This itinerary serves as approximate guide as the aim of the tour is to give you an authentic Croatian adventure. The route may change during the trip to take the advantage of any possible opportunity, such as the weather conditions or according to the group’s preferences. Please note that weather conditions, transport delays and other factors may influence the itinerary.
Physical fitness: No kayaking experience required, but a moderate level of fitness is expected. Guests must feel comfortable with 6-8h of activity.
Lunch: You will stop on one of the islands where you can try some of local specialties, including locally caught fish or squid by a family run restaurant.
Group size: There is a minimum of 2 people and maximum of 10 people per group. It's nice to keep it small and cozy.
- Touring kayak with rudders and all supporting gear (paddles, spray deck, life jacket, 20 litre dry bag)
- Bike Rental (19 inch and 17 inch hardtail Giant MTB)
- Entrance tickets to Telašćica Reserve and tickets for Kornati National Park
- Nautical map of the area
- ICU certified guide for day's kayaking and cycling
- Food and drinks which will cost around 70-150 kn (around 10-20 Euros) for a main course in the family run restaurant where a longer break is taken. It's a little pricey, but you'll understand why when you see how remote the place is, and he quality is undisputed.
- Ferry and catamaran ticket to the bike base in Sali (around 10 EUR per person)
- Tips for the guide
Meeting point is Sali Harbour. Our guide will wait for you as you get off the catamaran (departing Zadar Old Town) in the Sali harbour on island Dugi Otok. It is the first stop after you board the catamaran in Zadar.
• Cash (the break-time restaurant only accepts cash, (poor mobile signal for card machine) as do most venues in Sali).
• One ATM in the town of Sali is sometimes empty
• Picnic food for lunch (if you would like to skip the restaurant). There is also a well stocked supermarket in Sali with plenty of vegetarian and vegan supplies (the supermarket always accepts cards).
• Hat (to reduce sun exposure)
• 2 litre water bottle (you can buy in the supermarket)
• Water shoes (for exit on sharp rocks)
• Running shoes (for an optional hike)
• Swimming gear (for kayaking)
• Spare clothes (to change into after kayaking for the ride back to Zadar)
Product ID: 61018