A 90-minute small group walking tour from the dawn of Christianity to the birth of the Kit Kat. Find out why York is still a city with Viking mud on its boots and a taste of cocoa in the air.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
Meet in the square outside the Central Library (York Explore Library and Archive) YO1 7DS. The guide will have a sign with the names of all participants on the tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Comfortable shoes are recommended as you will be on your feet though York is forgivingly flat.
- Suitable for all ages - family groups especially welcome.