Tour in Ancient Garni & Medieval Geghard
- Explore Sun Temple of Garni
- Admire the famous "Symphony of Stones”
- Discover Geghard Cave Monastery
- See the impressive gorge of Garni from a unique viewpoint
- Reflect on the wonders of nature as you discover unique rock formations
At 10:00 AM you will meet your friendly and informative guide in front of the main door of the Yerevan History Museum. After a short meet and greet with your guide, you will depart for the Kotayk province, the first stop is the village of Garni. Here you will get to visit the magnificent Hellenistic Sun Temple of Garni: it's the only classical standing Greco-Roman colonnaded assembly in Armenia and a famous structure and symbol of pre-Christian Armenia. It was built in 76 AD, during the reign of King Tiridates I, in the first century AD as a temple to Mihr, the god of the sun.
Afterward, your tour moves to Garni Canyon, where the famous rock formations of hexagonal cylinders make up the "Symphony of Stones". The final stop of the tour is Geghard Cave Monastery, a huge building, partially carved from the mountain rock it is built upon. Here the spectacular towers and unique lighting conditions create an unforgettable sight. After exploring this UNESCO World Heritage Site, you will be transported back to your accommodations in Yerevan.
- Full transportation service
- Entrance fees to the historical and cultural attractions
- Transport from accommodation
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users