Explore the food culture of Xi’an on a 3-hour evening walking tour and taste at least 10 different local delicacies from street vendors to time-honored restaurants. Enjoy a wide variety of authentic Chinese dishes, and hear stories behind the food.
What to Expect
Take this 3-hour walking tour of Xi’an at night to explore the food cultures of China’s central city, and taste local delicacies, such as steamed dumplings, bingfeng, and peanut candy.
Start at the brick and timber Bell Tower, Xi’an’s most iconic monument, and one of the grandest towers of its kind in China. Continue to Fanji Restaurant and start your food tour proper at a 100-year-old restaurant, popular for its delicious rou jia mo (baked pancake stuffed with minced pork).
See the lights of Drum Tower as you stroll onto Muslim Street, center of a large Chinese-Muslim community. Here, you will be welcomed by a mix of food aromas. Try some plum juice, while you watch locals make walnut and peanut candy.
Jia San Restaurant is your next stop, where you can enjoy guantang baozi (a type of dumpling in rich soup). Move on to the best vendors for barbecued lamb, beef, or fish, paired with bingfeng, a local soda that tastes like orange juice.
Head back down Muslim Street for a mouthwatering dessert of persimmon pancake, to complete your Xi’an foodie forage.
- Friendly and experienced guide
- 3-hour gourmet walking tour
- Tasting of at least 10 local delicacies
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and personal expenses
- Entrance fees for attactions
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be sent at time of booking
• Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
• A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• Children in strollers are not recommended, as some areas have limited access
• Please be aware that most of the food will be from street vendors
• Operates in all weather conditions
• Itinerary is flexible and can be adjusted due to force majeure or emergency (such as traffic accident or road block)