With the operation of high speed trains, taking a round trip between Xian and Luoyang in a day gets easier. This one day Luoyang Shaolin Martial tour itinerary allows you to enjoy the splendid cultural treasure in Longmen Caves and Shaolin Temple.
What to Expect
This morning start the day tour by taking high-speed train G672 (09:11/10:54) from Xian North Train Station to Luoyang Longmen Train Station by yourself. The local tour guide will meet you at Luoyang station.
Private transfer takes you to visit the Longmen Grottoes. These grottoes, together with the Yungang Grottoes in Datong, the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang and the Maiji Mountain Grottoes in Tianshui, are the four major cave clusters in China. Besides the grottoes, lots of historical materials concerning art, music, religion, calligraphy, medicine, costume and architecture are kept here.
Then you will explore the Shaolin Temple, the birthplace of Chinese Zen Buddhism and Shaolin Martial Arts. You will visit the main scenic spots like the Hall of Heavenly Kings, the Grand Hall, the Sutra Depository, the Hall of Thousand Buddhas and the Pagoda Forest in Shaolin Temple. After the memorable Shaolin Temple Tour, the tour guide and driver will see you off at Luoyang Longmen Railway Station. You will take the high-speed train G673 (19:04/20:36) or G661 (19:23/20:59) back to Xian. Please get to the hotel by yourself upon arrival.
- Private air-conditioned car/van
- Licensed professional driver
- Excellent local English-speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Entrance tickets fee of Longmen Grottoes
- Entrance tickets fee of Shaolin Temple
- Fuel surcharge and tax
- Second class soft seat train ticket from Xi’an to Luoyang
- Second class soft seat train ticket from Luoyang to Xi’an
Know Before You Go
• Please book this tour minimum 5 days in advance, otherwise the tour might be cancelled due to unavailable train ticket.
• The train ticket will be booked and delivered to your Xi'an Hotel in advance.
• Traveler's passport copy will be required for the train ticket booking, please email to the tour operator.