Look for wildlife in two of America’s iconic National Parks on an overnight wildlife safari of Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park. Drive through Yellowstone in search of moose and elk, Look for grizzly bears and wolves, and more.
What to Expect
Explore the stunning scenery and native flora and fauna of two of America’s most iconic national parks. Spend the night out close to the wilderness as you bed down in Cooke City. Look for native animals such as bison, elk and moose, and then go in search of elusive grizzly bears and sly but beautiful wolves in Yellowstone and Grand Teton. Learn from personal experience why the Lamar Valley is known as “The American Serengeti.”
Day 1: Grand Teton and Yellowstone Wildlife
Start early in the morning to see the wildlife of Grand Teton National Park. Look out for moose, elk, bison, grizzly bear, black bear, wolf, coyote, eagles and much more. View the beautiful Upper and Lower Falls of Yellowstone, and then head into the Upper Loop for more wildlife viewing. Spend the evening in the famous Lamar Valley and discover why it is known as “The American Serengeti.” This is where bison were brought back from near-extinction, and wolves were re-introduced. Hunker down in Cooke City, Montana for the night.
Day 2: The American Serengeti and Old Faithful
The second day of touring will primarily focus on the major wildlife of Yellowstone’s Lamar Valley. Look for wolves and grizzlies in their natural surroundings, and see the famous Yellowstone geyser basins. Visit Mammoth Hot Springs and Old Faithful. This day is your best chance of seeing wolf activity, so be prepared! Return to Jackson Hole in Wyoming for the end of the tour services.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- 1 night's accommodation
- Picnic lunch in Yellowstone National Park
- Breakfast on day 2
- National Park entrance fees
- Snacks and refreshments
- Naturalist guide
- Use of binoculars and spotting scopes
What's Not Included
- Guide gratuity (suggested 10-15% of the tour price)
Pick-up from any hotel, condominium, or house in Jackson or Teton Village, Wyoming.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Please dress in layers (fleece/synthetics) that you can apply or remove as the weather changes
• Elevation changes range from 6,300 feet to 8,950 feet. Please also note that there is up to a 40 degree fluctuation between nighttime and daytime temperatures
• Please bring sun block, lip balm, and a good sun hat