Glacier National Park: Guided Biking Tour
- Bike along the iconic Going to the Sun Road or the stunning Camas Road
- Admire the incredible panoramic views of Glacier National Park
- Travel using the local choice for spring adventures when hiking trails are closed
First, arrive at the comfortable Glacier Guides and Montana Raft campus in West Glacier, just a mile outside of Glacier National Park at 1:30 PM. Meet your guide and get fitted for a bike and helmet. Go over the details of the afternoon ahead. At around 2 PM, depart for your bike tour. Typically, you ride in a van until the Going to the Sun road closure point at Lake McDonald Lodge or the Avalanche trailhead.
From there, bike the Going to the Sun Road up into the alpine section of the road. The afternoon departure time allows you to take advantage of the afternoon warmth and the frequently stunning light. Along the way, stop to enjoy a delicious, hearty sack dinner. How far will you ride? It depends on how far the road crews have plowed the road to Logan Pass. During June, some tours may go all the way to Logan Pass.
Typically, tours return to Glacier Guides and Montana Raft by around 7:30 PM. The total distance is around 10-34 miles, depending on road conditions and the elevation gain is up to 3,000 feet. The bicycles feature fenders to keep riders dry on wet pavement, hybrid road-mountain handlebars for ultimate comfort, kickstands to minimize impact on Glacier's fragile environments, racks to stow daypacks, and disk brakes.
- Professional guide
- Sack dinner
- West Glacier hotel pick-up and drop-off may be available with advance notice (please call to inquire)
- Entrance to Glacier National Park (it is recommended to purchase in advance)
Prepare for the activity
11970 US-2, West Glacier, MT 59936, USA DIRECTIONS from the WEST, i.e. Whitefish and Columbia Falls: 1. In Whitefish, start on US-93 S (Spokane Ave) – go south 2.2 mi. 2. Turn left at MT-40 – go 4.5 mi. 3. Continue on US-2 through Columbia Falls – go 2.7 mi. 4. Continue on US-2 – go 16 mi. 5. When you pass the KOA campground we are half a mile ahead on the left. 6. Turn left about half a mile after Mile Marker 151. The left turn is directly across from the Crown of the Continent Discovery Center, and is just after a BLUE RAFT on a BLUE BUS and the GLACIER GUIDES AND MONTANA RAFT SIGN. DIRECTIONS FROM the EAST, i.e. downtown West Glacier: 1. If coming out of Glacier National Park turn right on US 2. 2. Go 1.5 miles west of West Glacier on US-2. 3. Turn right at the BLUE RAFT on a BLUE BUS and the GLACIER GUIDES AND MONTANA RAFT SIGN. Having trouble? Please don’t hesitate to call us!Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
• Trips depart rain or shine
• Please bring: Breathable layers, like long underwear, tights, or yoga pants, rain pants and a rain jacket - the road may be wet from melting snow, warm layers, like a puffy or fleece jacket, gloves, for biking, or just simple fleece, baseball cap if it's hot, stocking cap if it's cool - or maybe both, hiking shoes or tennis shoes are advised, daypack with hydration system or 2 water bottles