Explore the eco-sanctuary at night with an experienced guide by torchlight. Zealandia is one of the best places in New Zealand to see the kiwi bird in the wild.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Audio guide included
Select participants and date
Zealandia Visitor Center, 53 Waiapu Rd, Karori, Wellington 6012.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- High-heeled shoes
- Flash photography
- Open-toed shoes
Know before you go
- There is a minimum age of 12 years old
- Please advise when booking if you have any mobility or accessibility requirements
- This tour is not recommended for those using a wheelchair or with walking disabilities because a moderate amount of walking on uneven surfaces is involved
- There is a maximum number of 12 people per tour
- It is recommended to wear sturdy footwear, plenty of layers, and a waterproof jacket because the tour operates rain or shine
- Torches are provided with a red filter so they do not disturb wildlife or affect your night vision