Enjoy a 2-hour guided highlights tour of the National Archives, introducing you to the original paperwork that formed the United States of America. Come face to face with the seemingly humble documentation that gave birth to this powerful nation.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 2 - 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- You must bring a valid photo ID
- There is a maximum of 8 people per group for semi-private tours
- Please advise when booking if you require a wheelchair accessible tour
- There is a minimum number of 2 people required for the tour to operate and if this is not met and you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- National Archives may be subject to closures without prior warning from the museum management and you will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the tour is delayed by more than 1 hour, the local partner is unable to provide a refund or discount in this case
- Some rooms inside the archives are subject to quiet or restricted right to speak so your guide will provide the information about the rooms before entering
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour
- Large bags are not permitted through security but you can bring a handbag or small thin backpack