This 3-hour tour of Warsaw takes you on a discovery of Poland’s socialist past as you drive around the city in an original socialist-style van. Visit the places connected with socialism, including Constitution Square and the Palace of Culture and Science.
What to Expect
On this unique trip through the legacy of Polish socialism, you will explore Warsaw in a Nysa 522, an original socialist-style van. You will be picked up from your hotel before starting the tour around the places in Warsaw connected with the socialist past, where you can experience this era in Polish history for yourself.
The tour starts at Plac Konstytucji (Constitution Square), the first square ever to be built especially for the working people. Here you will feel the propaganda of the socialist era before heading on to the Ministry of Agriculture, where you will have the chance to learn about the utopian plans of the post-war city reconstruction.
The next stop on the tour is at the Palace of Culture and Science, where you can learn about this gift from “Uncle” Stalin. You will then continue on to the very heart of socialism, the old seat of the Central Committee of the Polish United Workers’ Party.
You will also visit a typical housing estate and enter a flat furnished in the socialist style. Here you will be invited to taste a typical refreshment of the workers from the socialist era – a shot of vodka and a slice of bread with lard and pickles. Not only will you see how people used to live during the socialist era, you will also have a unique opportunity to watch the post-1950s propaganda films.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation in an old vintage van
- Music and movies from the socialist era
- Visit to the Museum of Life during Communism
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
Know Before You Go
• This tour has a 3 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met.
• Duration times vary. We suggest starting your trip at 10:00 but we are flexible.
• The maximum capacity of the car is 8 persons with the driver. For larger groups, another van or bigger vehicle can be used.