From Rostock: Berlin and Sachsenhausen Shore Excursion
- Travel to Berlin directly from your cruise ship in a comfortable air-conditioned bus equipped with WiFi
- See the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Jewish Memorial and much more
- Learn about the crimes of the Nazi regime at the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
- Gain rich insights into German history and contemporary culture from your professional local guide
- Return to port with plenty of time to spare with a company that's never missed a ship's departure
Topography of Terror
From there, head south through Potsdamer Platz to see the remains of the Berlin Wall, the former Headquarters of the SS and Gestapo, and Checkpoint Charlie. Time permitting, you’ll head up Friedrichstrasse to the classic heart of the German capital, which includes Gendarmenmarkt, one of the city’s most ornate squares, Unter den Linden, downtown Berlin’s central arterial, Museum Island, and the former Royal Palace of Berlin, which is currently being rebuilt.
After lunch, bus to the northern outskirts of Berlin to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial for a 60 to 75-minute visit, led by an expert guide. Learn firsthand of the atrocities carried out under Nazi rule as you tour the well-preserved concentration camp.
Afterwards, you’ll be whisked back to your cruise ship, in perfect time for your departure.
- Cruise ship pickup and drop-off
- Modern, air-conditioned transportation
- Professional, English-speaking tour guide in Berlin and Sachsenhausen
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial donation entrance fees
- Headsets to hear the tour guide, for groups with over 20 guests
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
For cruise ships docking in Warnemünde ports, pickup is directly in front of the ship. When you disembark from your cruise ship, please make your way outside of the terminal. One of the tour representatives will be waiting for you displaying a greeting sign that reads "Essence of Berlin."Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• This tour includes some moderate walking
• Please bring some change in EUR for toilet stops, beverages, and for lunch. Your tour guide can also arrange a stop at an ATM for you.
• Your bus driver may not speak English. If you have any questions, please call the emergency phone number found on the voucher.
• Late arrivals will not be entitled to a refund; but if your ship is late, the departure will be postponed to within 30 minutes after the ship docks.
• Mobility scooters are not allowed on board.
• This tour is organized to minimize time spent on the bus. You will, however, spend more time on the bus due to the distance between Berlin and Sachsenhausen.
• Each shore excursion is adjusted to each ship's docking times, and starts promptly after your vessel's arrival, returning with plenty of time to spare before departure