Discover the original Waitomo black water rafting tour for a memorable 3-hours. Explore the Ruakuri Cave on an exhilarating underground adventure that involves climbing, black water tubing, floating, and leaping over cascading underground waterfalls.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at 584 State Highway 3, Waitomo 3977. Located just before the Waitomo turn off.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Participants must be 12 years or older and weigh at least 45 kilograms
- Tours run year round at 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:30 PM, and 3:00 PM. During summer, tours run every 30-minutes from 7:00 AM
- All tours are subject to availability. Pending available time slots, your tour time may be different to the one requested
- Water temperature is 10-14 degrees celsius (wetsuits and footwear are provided)
- Cameras and GoPro's cannot be taken on this tour
- There is a maximum of 12 participants per tour and a minimum of 2 participants required for the tour to run.
- The Waitomo Caves are located 195-kilometres from Auckland and round-trip transport from Auckland is not included