Experience the magic of the Borghese Gallery, home to one of Rome's finest art collections. Admire the works of art housed in Casino Borghese, a villa where Cardinal Scipione Borghese displayed his unique collection of paintings, antiquities, and statues.
What to Expect
This 2.5-hour tour will introduce you to ancient Roman, Renaissance, Baroque, and modern works of art housed in the splendid Borghese Gallery. Cardinal Scipione was a collector of ancient, Renaissance, and contemporary art. He acquired ancient sculptures and promoted the creation of new ones, especially marbles, to rival ancient works. Admire the 16th century collection of original sculptures and paintings.
Here, you’ll see the statue of Pauline Bonaparte sculpted by Canova, and admire paintings that include Caravaggio's Boy with a Basket of Fruit and David with the Head of Goliath. See also Raphael's Deposition, Titian's Sacred and Profane Love, and dozens of statues representing different periods. As you view the collection, an expert art historian will provide context to the works of art, and tell you about the associated themes and techniques. You’ll learn about Roman art history on a journey through love, art, power, wealth, and aristocracy.
- Professional art historian licensed guide
Know Before You Go
• You will receive confirmation within 48-hours of booking, subject to availability
• The child rate applies only with 2 paying adults
• Availability for tickets cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of availability. The tour operates depending on availability
• The Borghese Gallery accepts only 300 people every 2-hours. If you choose the morning option, the starting time will be 08:30 (according to ticket availability). If you choose the afternoon option, the starting time will be 14:30 (according to ticket availability)