Visit the Spanish Riding School of Vienna and witness the training of the Lipizzaners and their riders. During the 2-hour morning exercise you can observe the training of the gray colts and the fully-trained school stallions, the “white stars”.
What to Expect
Visit the Spanish Riding School of Vienna and observe the horses during their morning exercise. In the magnificent setting of the baroque Winter Riding Academy, the morning exercise offers an insight into the years of training of the Lipizzaners and their riders. The morning exercise of the horses is accompanied by classical Viennese music.
The morning exercise includes relaxation exercises, refining and perfecting movement and strengthening certain muscles. The famous school jumps levade, courbette and capriole, which are shown as part of the performances by the Spanish Riding School, are not practiced on a daily basis and can only sometimes be seen during the morning exercise.
The white Lipizzaner stallions are put through their paces by their riders almost every day. The primary objective of the morning exercise is to maintain the horses’ athleticism and health, as well as to build up various muscle groups that are necessary for performing the exercises of the haute école.
- Ticket for the morning exercise at the Spanish Riding School
This activity is non-refundable
Know Before You Go
• Morning exercise takes place from 10:00-12:00. The ticket is valid for this 2-hour period. The recommended length of stay is 15 to 20 minutes within this 2-hour window
• This event has free seating and there is no guarantee of seats
• Free admission for children aged 3 to 6 (must sit on an adult’s lap). Children aged 6 to 12 receive discounted admission. Unfortunately, admission is not permitted for children under the age of 3
• Photography and filming is prohibited
• The program is subject to change
• Tickets for wheelchair spaces are limited and must be reserved in writing. Please contact GetYourGuide or make a note in the designated field during the booking process