Admire and explore the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna. Enjoy the royal sounds of the orangery with tickets to a fantastic concert. Be enchanted by the overtures, arias, and waltzes by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss.
What to Expect
Enjoy a fantastic evening truly fit for a king at Schönbrunn Palace and journey back in time to the 17th Century with a concert and tour of the grand building. At the end of this century, Kaiser Leopold I commissioned the brilliant Baroque architect Bernhard Fischer von Erlach to build a truly imperial hunting lodge for his heir. This magnificent palace was built on the site of the old summer residence from 1643.
Half a century later, under the famous Maria Theresa, the Schönbrunn Palace became a splendid center of court life as the imperial summer residence, a magnificently excessive time. Since then, many important meetings have taken place and many statesmen of Europe have been guests here. Even today, Schönbrunn Palace maintains its place as a site for political events.
The magnificent architecture and exquisite interiors of the state rooms make Schönbrunn Palace a cultural treasure and an attraction not to be missed.
The Schönbrunn Palace orchestra has established itself as a fixed part of Vienna’s cultural and musical life since 1997. The Schönbrunn Palace orchestra and the Schönbrunn chamber ensemble enchant with a daily concert program and the most beautiful melodies from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Strauss.
During the first half of the concert, enjoy the marvelous overtures, arias, and duets by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s concertos and operas, such as “The Marriage of Figaro,” “The Magic Flute,” and “Don Giovanni.” The most popular arias, waltzes, and polkas of the waltz king Johann Strauss delight during the second half, such as “Die Fledermaus,” “The Gypsy Baron,” “The Blue Danube,” and “Radetzky March.” The orchestra is accompanied by 2 opera singers – a soprano and a baritone – as well as charming ballet dancers in historical costumes.
- 1-hour tour of Schönbrunn Palace
- Audio guide
- Concert ticket
Schloss Schönbrunn, 1130 Vienna
What to Remember
For individual guests:
• The concert tickets and the voucher for the audio guide tour in the Orangerie Schönbrunn are available to individual guests from 9:00
• Tour the palace between 9:00 and 15:00 (guaranteed tour) with the audio guide
• The concert begins at 20:30, after free time
For groups (minimum 10 persons):
• Groups get an exclusive tour after the official opening times of the palace
• Groups can collect their tickets from a member of staff at the main entrance/ticket hall 18:50.
• The group tour starts at 19:00.
• The Orangerie Schönbrunn opens at 20:00.
• The concert begins at 20:30.
• The concert ends around 22:15.
Schönbrunn Palace opening times:
April to June: 8:30 – 16:00
July to August: 8:30 – 17:00
September to October: 8:30 – 16:00
November to March: 8:30 – 15:30
• Please bring your printed GetYourGuide voucher to exchange for your tickets