Vienna: Masterpieces of the Imperial Treasury Tour
- Admire the Holy Roman Crown, the Holy Lance, and the biggest emerald of the world
- Enjoy the glory of coronation insignias, mantles, jewels, and masterpeices of art
- See the rich Burgund heritage, the cradle of Napoleon II, and unique ivory works
The collection of imperial jewels and unique art pieces is outstanding, among it is the biggest emerald in the world and the cradle for Napoleon II. A huge part is dedicated to the religious heritage consisting of monstrances, candle holders, chalices, crosses, and relic containers made of special wood, feathers, ivory, silver, amber, and other materials.
Following that, the very core section will fascinate you. It features world-wide treasures such as the Holy Roman Crown, the Holy Lance, the Holy Bible, and coronation clothing such as the imperial Holy Roman mantle, gloves, shoes and underwear, dating back to the 10th and 11th centuries.
At the conclusion of your tour, the rich Burgundy Heritage will also be a further highlight of the collection. It houses the original Chain of the Order of the Golden Fleece, a unique golden and mountain-crystal chalice, the imperial sword of emperor Maximilian I, and other outstanding garments which document the richness and glory of Duchy of Burgundy in the 14th century.
- Professional and licensed private guide
- Entrance fee for the Imperial Treasury (12€ per person)
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive 10 minutes before the starting time of the tour. Your guide will await you at the entrance outside of the Treasury. Your guide will be carrying a badge saying "Austriaguide"Open in Google Maps ⟶