Discover the imperial sites of Vienna with a 24-hour or 48-hour ticket for the hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus. Jump off at any of the stops along the route to explore monuments, such as the Museums-Hofburg, House of Music, or the Schönbrunn Palace.
What to Expect
Explore the beautiful buildings and gardens of Vienna at your own pace from on board the city’s open top double decker hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus, and learn how the Austrian capital developed from its early Celtic and Roman settlements to become the largest city in Austria.
Regarded as a 'City of Music' for its extraordinary musical legacy, Vienna is also known as the 'City of Dreams' due to its association with the psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, and you can follow his story in the Sigmund Freud Museum. Stops along the way include the Haus der Musik, which presents the history of music through interactive exhibitions.
The on-board recorded commentary is available in 12 languages, providing valuable information to help you plan your day. Soak up the sights of the impressive buildings, then jump off at any of the following stops to explore more:
2. House of Music/Haus der Musik
6. Karmeliter Market
9. Blue Danube/Schifffahrtszentrum (out of service until the end of March 2017)
10. Danube Tower/Donauturm
11. Old Danube/Alte Donau
12. UNO City
13. Danube Island/Donauinsel (out of service until the end of March 2017)
14. Praterstern (Train Station) (out of service until the end of March 2017)
15. Danube Canal/ Donaukanal
Schönbrunn Blue Route
2. House of Music
3. Aqua Terra Zoo
4. Schönbrunn Palace
City Walk - 11:30
Discover the life of the Habsburgs by visiting Hofburg, the Spanish Riding School, Heldenplatz, and the Capuchin’s Crypt – the main place of entombment for members of the House of Habsburgs. The tour also covers the music in the city, from Mozart to Haydn and Beethoven, plus the many composers Vienna is famous for. The tour starts from stop 1: Opera, lasts approximately 90 minutes and ends at St. Stephens Cathedral - the most important Gothic church in Austria.
Night Tour - 18:00 - Only included in the Premium Ticket
The unique Viennese evening tour is designed to give you a different perspective of the most iconic sights in Vienna when dusk falls and the city emerges in a sea of lights. With informative commentary from a live guide you will discover Vienna in a new light. The tour starts from stop 1: Opera and takes you along the famous Ring street passing the Prater and the Blue Danube. The tour lasts approximately 1 hour. For departure time please ask staff members.
- Vienna 24-hour or 48-hour hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus ticket
- 2 different tour routes ( Standard & Premium Ticket)
- Recorded commentary in 12 languages
- Walking tour (Standard & Premium Ticket)
- Free wi-fi on all buses
Know Before You Go
• Red Route: departs daily from the first stop at 09:30 and runs every 20-30 minutes until 16:30
• Schönbrunn Blue Route: departs daily from the first stop at 10:00 and runs every 30-40 minutes until 16:00
• Duration: Red Route – 100 minutes and Schönbrunn Blue Route – 85 minutes
• You can join the bus tour at any of the hop-on hop-off points
• Recorded commentary available in 12 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Polish, Hungarian, Japanese, Hindi, and Russian
• Please note that delays are possible due to heavy traffic
• The Blue Danube/Schifffahrtszentrum will be out of order from 7 November, 2016 until the end of March 2017