Belvedere: World-Class Art & Aristocratic Utopias Tour
- Explore the Upper Belvedere, a masterstroke of Baroque architecture
- Visit Prince Eugene of Savoy's private apartments
- Explore the Museum's priceless art collection, including masterpieces by Monet, Van Gogh, and Klimt
The prince’s private apartments eloquently illustrate the taste of the owner and the artistic achievements of his time. In the Upper Belvedere, your guide will point out the Baroque elements of the Festive room, while in the Lower Belvedere, you’ll be able to admire the artistic features of the Marble Hall, the Marble Gallery, and the Gold Cabinet.
Today the Belvedere Museum is home to a world-class collection of Austrian and international paintings from the Middle Ages to the present day, including important items from the Austrian National Gallery. The collection includes masterpieces by Jacques Louis David, Caspar David Friedrich, Auguste Rodin, Claude Monet, Giuseppe Segantini, and Vincent van Gogh.
After the tour of the grounds and palaces, your guide will spend an hour pointing out the Art Museum’s highlights. These include David’s Napoleon on the Great St. Bernard Pass, Klimt's Judith, and Caspar David Friedrich’s Seashore in the Fog, among others.
- 2.5-hour tour
- Art historian guide
- Upper Belvedere entrance: €15 (students and seniors €12.50)
- Upper & Lower Belvedere and Orangery entrance: €22 (students and seniors €19)
Prepare for the activity
Go to the Palace's ticket office entrance. This is not the same as the entrance to the Palace, but the entrance you see on the right-hand side as soon as you come into the garden from Prinz Eugen Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶