Enjoy this tasting and wildlife day tour to Philip Island. Enjoy wine and cheese tastings, and a guided tour at Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park. Handfeed the animals, and learn about many endangered species.
What to Expect
This small group tour departs from Melbourne around midday and includes the very best of the region’s wildlife and food highlights. Proceed to the Phillip Island Winery, where you'll sample their locally produced wines and cheeses.
Take a guided tour of Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park, and get an opportunity to interact with and learn about an array of Australian animals. Handfeed the kangaroos, emus & wallabies and learn about the numerous breeding programs undertaken here to preserve many endangered native species including Tasmanian Devils, Spotted Quolls and Southern Hairy-nosed Wombats, to name a few.
Afterwards, enjoy a visit to Point Grant and The Nobbies, taking in the views of Westernport Bay, Bass Strait, and Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest fur seal population.
Finally, it's time for the main event. As the sun goes down each evening, the world’s smallest 'fairy' penguins come ashore after fishing out at sea all day. You’ll have a great view of the Penguin Parade and a free hot drink to keep you warm.
- Air-conditioned minibus transport throughout
- Afternoon tea
- Gourmet food and wine tasting at Phillip Island Winery
- Access to the standard viewing platform at the Phillip Island Penguin Parade
What's Not Included
- Upgrade to the “Penguins Plus” viewing platform. Limited to 150 guests – select this option when booking!
Know Before You Go
• Not wheelchair accessible
• iPod audio language translators are provided for use and must be requested at time of booking
• Pick-ups start from 10:00 during the April - October season, and 11:00 during the November - March season
• Please contact the supplier to confirm exact time of pick-up from your accommodation
• Bookings required at least 72 hours prior to departure