Verona: Visit & Wine Tasting at Santa Sofia's CellarProduct ID: 69727
From US$70.82 US$56.65 Save up to 20% per personBook now
Pick-up serviceOnly available for hotels located in central Verona. Please provide the name of your hotel.
- Enjoy a guided tasting of 5 classic Valpolicella wines
- Be charmed by the historical cellars and the vineyards
- Learn how the majestic Amarone is made and its history
- Taste Santa Sofia's extra virgin olive oil paired with some baked products and some aged cheese
Established in 1811, the Santa Sofia winery and cellars are located in Pedemonte, in the noble villa built by Andrea Palladio in the sixteenth century, known as Villa Sarego, in one of the most beautiful and temperate areas of the Valpolicella Classica. Villa Santa Sofia has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996, along with other houses built by architect Andrea Palladio.
In this magnificent setting, after a brief historical introduction on the relationship between the winery and the Palladian Villa Santa Sofia, you can visit the historic cellars of the thirteenth, fifteenth, and seventeenth century. Afterwards you will be offered a tasting of 5 classic Valpolicella wines (such as Amarone, Valpolicella Classico and Valpolicella Ripasso), accompanied by some local products and extra virgin olive oil.
- Brief historical introduction
- Guided tour of the historic cellars
- Guided tasting of classic Valpolicella wines: Valpolicella Ripasso DOC Superiore 2013; Montegradella Valpolicella DOC Classico Superiore 2011; Arlèo Rosso Verona IGT 2007; Amarone Valpolicella DOCG Classico 2011; Recioto from Valpolicella DOC Classico 2009
- Tasting of Santa Sofia's extra virgin olive oil (offered along with some baked products), aged cheese paired with Amarone, and small shavings of dark chocolate paired with Recioto.
- Round trip from Piazza Bra
Outside "Palazzo della Gran Guardia" in piazza Bra, in front of the taxi parking spot. Hotel pick-up from centrally located Verona hotels is possible. In this case customer's hotel address is required (Open in Google Maps)
• The overall duration of the transfer is approximately 1.5 hours (45 mins+45mins). The exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Product ID: 69727