Experience St. Mark’s Basilica without the crowds on an after-hours visit. Explore one of the most famous sites in Venice and one of the world’s most magnificent churches without the lines or crowds. See places that aren’t open to daytime visitors.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet just outside the entrance of the Correr Museum in St. Mark's square. Once in the square, on the opposite side of the Basilica, you will find the Correr Museum entrance underneath the portico. Your guide will be holding a sign that says "Walks."Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Long pants
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Baby strollers
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The Basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Your tour operator cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress
- This tour is wheelchair accessible with some difficulties; it is recommended to contact the local partner before the tour to make arrangements
- Backpacks are prohibited inside St. Mark's Basilica
- This tour operates rain or shine. However, occasionally St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace are closed to the public, without previous notice, due to high tides or particular festivities
- If you select the option that includes the Doge's Palace, there will be a break (up to 2 hours) between your visit to the Doge’s Palace and your after-hours tour of St. Mark’s Basilica