Venice: Skip-the-Line Doge's Palace Guided TourProduct ID: 59154
From $36 per personBook now
- Skip the lines to the Doge's Palace
- Learn the building's history from an informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
The palace, built in Venetian Gothic-style, was the dwelling of the Doge, the supreme authority of the Venice Republic. This exclusive tour will take you back in time, walking through the most important places of the history of Venice, and thus providing you with a true perception of the golden age of the Republic of Venice was.
You'll visit the lavish Doge's Apartments with their magnificent decorated rooms, the spacious enclosed courtyards and also the Doge’s Palace terrible dungeons. Moreover, your knowledgeable guide will introduce you to the masterpieces of famous artists, such as Titian, Veronese and Tintoretto while going through this sumptuous palace.
You'll admire the Opera Museum, whose ancient capitals provide a sort of allegorical speech engraved on the stone and mix the sacred and the profane, history and legend, astronomy and astrology. Then you'll visit the ancient entrance of the Doge's Palace, the Giants' Staircase with the two statues of Mars and Neptune, the Lodge Atrium, the famous Golden Staircase with the marble statues of Atlas and Hercules, and the Institutional Chambers.
On the last part of the tour you'll cross the famous Bridge of Sighs, that connects the Doge's Palace to the prisons. The bridge was built in 1614 and its nickname refers sadly to the convicts who exhaled their last breath in freedom, before reaching the prisons of Venice. This tour offers you a unique journey and covers all the treasures of the ancient and majestic Doge's Palace.
- Guided tour
- Skip-the-line entry to the Doge’s Palace
- Anything not specified above
Yex’ Change Office - Under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square (Open in Google Maps)
From November 1st to March 31st:
Bilingual tour (explanations will be provided in two languages if audience provenience is mixed)
Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
French: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
German: Monday, Friday
• Afternoon tours are only available in English language
• No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no-show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
• This is a public tour
• The tour operator cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility
Product ID: 59154