Venice: 1-Hour Gondola Ride on the Grand Canal with Guide
- Glide along Venice’s Grand Canal and smaller waterways in a gondola
- Pass by iconic sites such as Ca’ Dario, the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, and the Accademia Bridge
- Appreciate Venice from the water, as it was meant to be seen
You’ll be steered in style by your own personal gondolier through centuries of history, along the iconic Grand Canal, one of the most elegant high streets in the world.
Pass Ca Dario, Casanova’s home, Palazzo Grassi, Ca Rezzonico, Ca Bembo, Ca Pesaro, the Rialto Bridge, Campo Manin, and Mozart’s house.
Sit back and relax as you take in the surroundings and your expert guide entertains you with anecdotes about the city. Learn the history behind La Serenissima, pass by the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, and pass under the Accademia Bridge. Hear tales behind the gondola itself as you near the majestic Rialto Bridge.
Turning into one of Venice’s scenic side canals, you’ll take in the splendor of the Canal Grande and also be able to enjoy the quaint charm of the smaller, more residential areas.
Your informative guide will tell you all about the gondola and its unique structure, and the traditions of Venetian gondoliers. This is an excellent way to combine an informative and stimulating guided tour with a romantic gondola ride.
- 1-hour private gondola ride
- Personal guide
- Food and drinks
- Pickup and drop-off service
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide 15 minutes before the activity at Santa Maria del Giglio gondola station, Campiello Traghetto 2467, next to Hotel Gritti Palace. Your guide will be holding a sign with your name on it. Late arrivals or no shows will not be issued a refund. By vaporetto: Take the no. 1 boat and get off at Santa Maria Del Giglio. Walk down Calle Gritti until you reach a small square with a church in front of you and a well. Turn left passing by the well and the restaurant and walk back down the street to the Grand Canal and the gondola park. By foot: From St. Mark’s Square go under the arches and head towards the Correr Museum, taking the last arch on the left side of the square, make your way onto Calle Larga XXII Marzo. Continue along, passing the church on your left, and cross the bridge near the gondola park in front of Hotel Bauer. Continue to the end of the street which bears left and then right, cross over the small bridge and into the small square (continue as above).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Oversize luggage
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• It is a little difficult to get on and off the gondola so you must take this into account when booking. As a result this tour is not recommended for people who have difficulties walking
• If you weigh more than 150 kilos you will be counted as 2 persons on the gondola due to the weight distribution
• There is space for up to 5 people plus the guide on the gondola