Venice: Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Private Tour
From $462 Per group up to 2Book now
- Skip the long lines to Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- Learn about the powerful dukes of the Venetian Republic
- Get spectacular city views from the terrace of Saint Mark's
- See frescoes by Tintoretto and Veronese
- Go to the cell where Casanova was kept until he escaped
- See the gruesome torture chambers, and an impressive collection of weapons
- Walk across the Bridge of Sighs to see the last view prisoners saw before being locked in their cells
Start on Saint Mark's Square for a perfect view of Saint Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace, the private chapel of the dukes of Venice until the 19th century. Get privileged access, and bypass the (often long) lines to enter the grand basilica and enjoy up-close views of the golden mosaics. Take your time to explore the numerous treasures, before proceeding to the terrace for spectacular vistas over the rooftops of Venice.
Next, learn about the political life of the Venetian Republic at the Doge’s Palace. Skip the long lines to travel through 7 centuries of history, as you see the palace prisons and court rooms. Your guide will share amazing stories as your walk through the private apartments and reception halls of the palace, including the Hall of the Great Council.
Discover frescos by Tintoretto and Veronese in the corridors as your guide describes the cruelty and fear that the Palazzo Ducale used to inspire. Continue upstairs to find secret corridors and chambers. Enter the restricted areas away from the crowds, and see the cell where Casanova was kept for months before he escaped.
Go to the torture chambers and the Duke’s private gun room to see an impressive collection of weapons. Then, stop on the notorious Bridge of Sighs to see the last view of Venice that prisoners saw before they were locked in their cells.
- Private guide
- Skip-the-line tickets to Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- Reservation and administration fees
Meet your guide on Piazzetta di San Marco, in front of the column with the winged lion (Lion of Venice). Your guide will be holding a LivItaly sign. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 47768