See the sights of central Venice in the blaze of the summer sunshine on a 4.5-hour walking tour. Walk past Marco Polo’s former house, marvel at the Byzantine monuments of the Piazza San Marco, and go inside the Doge Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica.
What to Expect
Get a comprehensive introduction to some of the most spectacular sights in Venice on a half-day walking tour, with access inside the Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica.
Meet your guide on St. Mark’s Square, and enjoy views of the Grand Canal before heading through the narrow streets and lovely canals of crumbling houses. Stop for a closer look at the Chiesa Santa Maria Formosa, where the Holy Virgin is alleged to have appeared disguised as a voluptuous woman.
Visit the former home of Marco Polo. Then, walk through the Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, the 2nd largest square in Venice. Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, and go inside the Palazzo Ducale, the seat of political power in Venice for centuries.
Discover splendid rooms lined with masterpieces of art. Your guide will show you the halls of power, before taking you to the Bridge of Sighs, where the harsh reality of Venetian power will come to life.
End at St. Mark’s Basilica, one of the most majestic cathedrals in the world. See splendid examples of Byzantine art, as well as religious art in the Treasury. Marvel at the cathedral’s gold mosaics and marble inlays.
- Entrance fee to the Doge's Palace
- Entrance fee to St. Mark's Basilica
Under the clock tower in St. Mark's Square near Yex Exchange office and Bar Americano
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• The tour is not available on Sundays, Catholic festivals, and during periods of heavy rainfall
• Tours are available in English, German, French and Spanish every day
• Tours in Russian are held on Mondays and Thursdays
• Tours in Portuguese are held on Mondays and Fridays
• Tours in Italian are held on Saturdays
• In Winter time the sightseeing will be available in multiple languages