Catch a private boat to Giudecca Island on a 2-hour tour of the Venetian lagoon, enjoying views of St. Mark’s Square en route. Learn about the artisans of the Dorsoduro, and visit the quiet cloisters of Saint Cosma and Damiano convent.
What to Expect
Explore the art and history of Giudecca, one of the most fascinating islands of the Venetian lagoon, and come into contact with Venetian artisans on a 2-hour sightseeing tour.
Start by crossing the Grand Canal by private motor boat. Upon arrival, visit the Chiesa del Redentore from the outside. Built by the architect Andrea Palladio, it is one of the most important sites on La Giudecca.
Enjoy a beautiful view of St. Mark's Square from the opposite side of the Grand Canal, and walk off the beaten path to discover unique architecture. Visit some of the workshops of the local crafts people, before going to the quiet cloister of Saints Cosma and Damiano Convent.
Learn about printing techniques at a print and paper workshop, and discover the art of glass blowing in a glass workshop, where the artisans work the materials using old and new techniques. Your guide will leave you at the cloister to explore the workshops at leisure. Feel free to purchase some beautiful souvenirs before catching the public ferry back to the main island.
- Private motor boat to Giudecca island
- Ticket for the public boat back to the main island
- English-speaking guide
- Visit to Santi Cosma and Damiano Convent
- Tour of artisan workshops
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to churches and palaces
Know Before You Go
• Tours cancelled up to 7 work days before scheduled departure will get a full refund. For cancellation of less than 7 days the full price will be charged