St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Fast Track Tour
- Learn about the doges of the Venetian Empire in the Doge's Palace
- Walk across the Bridge of Sighs from the inside
- See more than 4,000 square meters of stunning mosaics
- Admire frescoes by Veronese and Tintoretto
- Learn about some of the famous prisoners of the Doge's Palace
- Hear how Venice grew from a tiny island to become one of the great powers of the Mediterranean
- Marvel at the Byzantine façade of St. Mark's Basilica
- Enjoy special access to the 1st floor terrace of St. Mark's for panoramic views of the lagoon
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Meet your guide in St. Mark’s Square, taking a moment to appreciate the space before entering St. Mark’s Basilica. Get an in-depth look at how Venice built a mercantile empire that once spanned the entire Mediterranean. Marvel at mosaics and other treasures as your guide explains how the city begged, borrowed and stole to grow from a tiny island to one of the great powers of the Middle Ages. Enjoy special access to the 1st floor terrace, where you can see the famous horses stolen from Constantinople during the 4th Crusade.
Next, skip the lines to the Doge’s Palace, and explore the political heart of the Venetian Empire for hundreds of years. Admire the opulent apartments and Hall of the Great Council where matters of state were decided under stunning frescoes by Veronese and Tintoretto. Continue to the armory and prisons and learn how grim life was for anyone unlucky enough to be taken prisoner. Discover the secret behind the mysterious black veil that interrupts the official series of Doge’s portraits.
End by walking across the Bridge of Sighs, and learn why this romantic icon has a darker history than you could ever imagine.
- Entrance to St. Mark's Basilica
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Doge's Palace
- Special access to the terraces in St. Mark's Basilica
- Headsets (when needed)
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet just outside the entrance of the Correr Museum on Piazza San Marco, 30124. On St. Mark's square at the opposite side of the Basilica you will find the Correr Museum entrance underneath the portico.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note, this tour cannot accommodate those in wheelchairs as the terrace of St. Mark's Basilica and the prisons and armory of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible
• St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace can be subject to unforeseen closures due to liturgical celebrations. In the event the venue is closed, you will be given explanations from the outside
• Please remember that the Basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees
• Backpacks are prohibited inside St. Mark's Basilica