Skip-The-Line Full-Day VIP Tour of Venice
From $165 $149 Save up to 10% per personBook now
- Skip the long lines to the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica
- Cruise down the Grand Canal by exclusive water taxi
- Take a peek inside the attic cell where Casanova was imprisoned
- See where favorite Venetian son Marco Polo was born
- Admire Byzantine palaces and churches in hidden squares and canals
- Hear how Venice has stayed afloat, and how it pilfered treasures from across the globe
The day begins at the Palazzo Ducale (Doge’s Palace), where you will learn the very best and worst of the city’s history. Admire paintings by Tintoretto and Veronese, and shudder at the wooden slot where accusations of treason could be slipped to the fearsome secret police.
Your tour includes access to all public areas of the palace, followed by a sneaky peek in the upstairs attic. Your guide will take you to the prison where the famous lover and writer Casanova was kept for months before he managed to escape.
Next, go to the Bridge of Sighs, named for the prisoners that walked its length on their way to the cells across the canal. If time allows, you can follow in their footsteps to see the protestations of innocence etched on the cell walls.
After a short break for lunch (own expense), enjoy an intimate cruise along the Grand Canal by water taxi, and snake your way past no less than 50 palaces, 6 churches, 4 bridges and 2 open-air markets. The ornate Rialto Bridge is a definite highlight of the cruise, as its reflection shimmering in the water makes for a perfect photo opportunity.
Back on dry land, enjoy a walking tour past some of the best-known, and some hidden sights, of Venice. Your guide will take you to Marco Polo’s house and tell you about the Venetian son who went to sea and came back with stories of China. Admire the architectural mix of styles at the Campo SS Giovanni Paolo, and the lesser-known opera house of the Goldoni Theatre.
End at the extraordinary St. Mark’s Basilica, which took 800 years to build and contains relics and monuments bought and stolen from all over Europe and Asia. Skip the long lines to go inside the cavernous space for an extended tour that includes mosaics dating back to the 11th century, and some beautiful artworks.
Ascend to the 2nd floor to steal some quiet time on the terraces, and enjoy incredible views over bustling Piazza San Marco below.
*Please be aware that due to “Jubilee Holy Year of Mercy” this year, St. Mark’s Basilica closes without notice. You will spend more time in others areas to ensure you have the best possible experience.
- English-speaking guide
- 1-hour tour of the Grand Canal by water taxi (limited to 10 people)
- Skip-the-line entrance to St. Mark's Basilica
- Entrance ticket to the terraces of St. Mark's
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Doge's Palace
- Entrance to the Doge's Palace secret itinerary (limited to 25 people)
- Headsets if needed to hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Meet your guide at 08:45 next to the Ponte della Paglia, the bridge with a view of the Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs). It's in front of the Doge's Palace, facing the lagoon. The same meeting point will be used for the afternoon section of your tour, meeting at 13:45 for a 14:00 departure. Effective from the 1st of April 2015 Morning departure time: 09:00 New afternoon departure time: 14:30
• The local supplier regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs or with any impairments requiring special assistance
• Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. The supplier cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress
Product ID: 46088