Venice: St. Mark’s Basilica & Doge's Palace Fast TrackProduct ID: 55944
From $63 per personBook now
- Skip the long lines to St. Mark's Basilica and the Doges' Palace
- Walk over the Bridge of Sighs
- See masterpieces by Tintoretto, Titian, and Veronese
- Go to the prison cell where Casanova was imprisoned until his escape
- Marvel at the work of the Venetian goldsmiths
- Pass through the golden altar of St. Mark's Basilica
- Travel back in time to the days of the Venetian Empire
First, skip the long lines to St. Mark’s Basilica, which enshrines the city’s history and the relics of saints. See stunning mosaics and gold work. Your guide will tell you the history of the cathedral and how it was built. Pass through the golden altar and see masterpieces by Venetian goldsmiths.
Next, skip the lines to the neighboring Doges’ Palace, the ducal seat of power during the Venetian Republic. Admire its Byzantine architecture, passing through decorative chambers to see paintings by Tintoretto, Titian, and Veronese, to name a few.
Continue down a very small passageway to cross the Bridge of Sighs from the inside, and descend into the prison cells where Casanova was incarcerated until his legendary escape.
- Skip-the-line entrance to Saint Mark's Basilica
- English-speaking guide
- All tickets and entrance fees
- Entrance to the upper floor of Saint Mark's Basilica
Meet under the arches at the entrance to Saint Mark's Square and the Correr Museum. A tour assistant will be holding a sign with the name of the tour, and an orange umbrella Directions by boat (Vaporetto): Take Vaporetto No. 1 or 2 to the “Valleresso” boat stop. Walk directly down Calle Valleresso, passing Harrys Bar on your right and the Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal on your left. At the end of the street, turn right and walk towards Saint Mark's Square. Before you pass under the arches, bear left and then go right under the arches in front of the post office, making your way onto the square. Here you will find the entrance to the Correr Museum and see the tour assistant holding an orange umbrella at the entrance to the square. Directions on foot: Make you way into Saint Mark's Square. The Correr Museum is at the opposite side of the church on the other side of the square under the arches (Open in Google Maps)
• Rucksacks are not allowed into Saint Mark's Basilica
• This tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties. You must be able to walk up the stairs inside the Doges Palace and cross a bridge
• Please note, on rare occasions, Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed without warning. On these days, the Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1.5 hours; total length of tour (Basilica + Doge's Palace) 2 hours
Product ID: 55944