Half-Day Walking Tour of Oriental Venice
From $36 per personBook now
- Discover Venice's historical relationship with Middle Eastern culture
- Hear the story of Marco Polo on the site from which he began his historic journey to the East
- Admire the colorful stalls of the Rialto markets
Starting from Campo San Bortolomio, we will walk to Rialto Bridge and visit a centuries-old fish and vegetables market laid out in the characteristic arrangement of a Middle-Eastern souk. We then arrive at Campiello del Milion, where Marco Polo’s house once stood and from where he set off on his epic journey to the East.
We then continue towards the Cannaregio district, admiring along the way the Church of the Abbey of Misericordia and the Madonna dell’Orto with its mix of Eastern and Renaissance influences.
The next stop will take you into the Venetian Ghetto, a corner of the city strongly imbued with influences of the East. The tour then concludes in the heart of Venice, with a visit to one of its most historic coffee houses.
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Madonna dell'Orto Church
- Complimentary cup of espresso
- Personal expenses
This tour is held on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays from April 9 through October 31. Tours depart at 2:30 PM from San Bortolomio Square (near Rialto Bridge) under Carlo Goldoni's statue.
Product ID: 21075