Venice: Murano, Burano and Torcello Islands Boat Tour
- Discover a different, quieter side to Venice
- Get an overview of the most famous lagoon islands in the city
- Watch a glass blowing demonstration in Murano
- Stroll among the brightly painted houses of Burano
- Go to Torcello, the oldest, continuously inhabited part of Venice
- Purchase delicate lace gifts on the island of Burano
Meet your guide near the Ponte della Paglia, easily accessed from St. Mark’s Square. Leave the busy city center behind as you enter the quiet and timeless atmosphere of the lagoon.
Your guide will provide multilingual explanations as you cross to Murano, the largest of the 3 islands on the tour. Famous throughout the world for its ancient glass making traditions, you can choose to assist in a glass-blowing demonstration in a traditional glass factory, or explore the island on your own.
Continue to Burano to stroll among the brightly painted houses of one of the most enchanting parts of Venice. Enjoy free time learning about the island’s age-old lace making traditions. Visit a typical lace museum on Burano island where you'll have the chance to admire precious laces from the XVI and XVII centuries and buy home made products for special rates.
Next, go to the small island of Torcello, the heart of the Venetian Lagoon before the rise of the Republic of Venice, and the oldest continuously inhabited island of the city. Experience the mysterious atmosphere and untouched nature of the sparsely populated island, before sailing back towards the buzz of St. Mark’s Square.
During the winter period, due to the early closure of Santa Maria Assunta church in Torcello, the order of the islands tour will be modified as follow: Murano, Torcello and Burano
- Boat transport to and from the islands
- Food and drink
- Entrance ticket to Torcello Cathedral
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the yellow desk located on the Riva degli Schiavoni, at the feet of the Ponte della Paglia (which is the bridge located opposite the Bridge of Sighs). Directions to get to the tour departure point from St. Mark's Square (approx. 2-minute walk): from the main entrance of the Doge's Palace proceed toward the lagoon; after the 2 columns of St. Mark and St Todaro, turn left; go straight forwards along the Doge's Palace and cross the bridge; you will find the yellow desk just after the bridge.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please note that there is a short walk from the meeting point to the point of embarkation
• During your stop in Murano (approximately 40 minutes) there will be some free time and the option to visit a glass factory to watch a short demonstration of the art of blown glass
• During the stop in Burano (approximately 35 minutes), you can visit a lace store or enjoy some free time
• During the stop in Torcello (approximately 45 minutes) you are free to do as you wish
• Kindly comply with the timetable set out by the staff; the excursion will head back at the scheduled time, without waiting
• This is a multilingual tour
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the tour departure time
• This tour is not suitable for medium and big-size dogs. Only small size dogs with muzzles are admitted on board