Venice: Doge's Palace, Secret Venice and Gondola Combo
From $89 per personBook now
- Learn the history of the Doge's Palace at the heart of the Venetian Republic
- Discover the hidden streets between St. Mark's Square and the Rialto
- Take an enchanting gondola ride down the small canals off the Grand Canal
- See the luxurious apartments of the Venetian Doges
- Cross the famous Bridge of Sighs
- Marvel at the reflections of old palaces and romantic bridges in the water
- Get off the usual tourist path and discover small, artisan shops used by locals
Enjoy a guided tour of the gilded rooms of the Doge’s Palace, and discover the seat of power during the powerful Venetian Republic. Follow in the footsteps of former rulers as you marvel at the apartments and Institutional Chambers. See the Giant’s Staircase by Sansovino’s statues of Mars and Neptune. Recreate the final journey taken by the Republic’s prisoners as you cross the Bridge of Sighs and get a final view of the lagoon.
Then, discover some hidden sites on a walking tour of the less touristy quarters between St. Mark’s Square and the Rialto Bridge. Discover small, artisan shops and typical inns. Admire the unusual façade of La Fenice opera house, and the Bovolo Spiral Staircase in Contarini Palace.
Finally, climb aboard a gondola for a 30-minute punt along the canals of Venice. Be lulled by the gentle sway of the lagoon as you move deeper into the minor canals, and coast past lesser known areas to see quaint corners and majestic palaces from a new perspective.
- Entrance ticket to the Doge's Palace
- Gondola ride
From April 01 to October 31 2015: Meet at the main entrance of Palazzina Selva (a white building with a central dome) next to ACTV public. From April 01 to October 31 2016: Meet at ‘Yex’ Change Office - Under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square.
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
• At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information for the tour.
• No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no-show.
• This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
• The gondola ride might be suspended in case of bad weather. In this case you are required to go to the tour departure point to find out whether the tour will take place, and to learn of any alternative ways to use the service.
• Please note that the supplier cannot guarantee that the whole tour will be accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users may not be able to access the whole tour.
Product ID: 53159