Doge's Palace Guided Tour and Secret Venice ComboProduct ID: 52925
From $57 per personBook now
- Marvel at the lavish apartments of the dukes of Venice
- Learn the fascinating history of the Doge's Palace
- Discover everyday life in Venice on the picturesque streets around Rialto market
- Cross the legendary Bridge of Sighs
- See masterpieces of art from the Venetian Republic
Meet your guide near St. Mark’s Square, and enter the Doge’s Palace for a guided tour of the lavish apartments and Institutional Chambers. See masterpieces of art, and ornate decorations by Tinteretto, Veronese and others. Marvel at the ceremonial Giants’ Staircase, guarded by Sansovino’s colossal statues of Mars and Neptune.
Cross into the Armoury, and see the legendary Bridge of Sighs, where the condemned would get a last view of Venice before entering the prisons.
Then, discover some of the hidden sites of the city center on a walking tour of the lesser-known quarters between St. Mark’s Square and the Rialto Bridge. Admire the unusual façade of La Fenice opera house, and the Bovolo Spiral Staircase in Contarini Palace.
Experience everyday life in the city in the picturesque streets around the Rialto market, discovering small, artisan shops and typical inns along the way.
- Entrance ticket to the Doge's Palace
• From April 01 to October 31 2015: Main entrance of Palazzina Selva next to ACTV public trasport stop 'San Marco Giardinetti' in St. Mark's Royal Garden • From April 01 to October 31 2016: ‘Yex’ Change Office - Under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square (Open in Google Maps)
• At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
• No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
• This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
• Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, it cannot be guaranteed that the whole tour will be accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users might not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
Product ID: 52925