Explore the DOC wine region of Collio-Goriziano on this full-day wine tasting tour to 2 cantinas of the Gorizia Hills. Travel with an expert sommelier and master cheese taster to sample the wines and local produce of the region.
What to Expect
Discover the Collio region of Lombardy, noted for its excellent wines, generated from more than 1,600 hectares of hilly vineyards. The zone produces 19 wines from its superb grapes, including both whites and reds.
Explore this little gem of the north Italian Friuli Venezia-Giulia wine region, together with a personal sommelier, and taste a selection of whites and reds, old style and new, light and robust.
The excursion starts with a visit to the cellars of a 16th-century castle, on a gentle hill in the heart of the Collio. Tour the medieval wine cellars, which lie a good 70 steps below the castle itself. After, you can stroll in the castle grounds, full of century-old trees and plants.
Next, enjoy a scenic drive to a typical restaurant for a light lunch of tradional dishes, and more wine.
End your tour at a 2nd cantina, in a walled villa overlooking vine-covered fields. After a short tour of the vineyards, the owner will show you around the interesting 2-storied cellar as he explains their wine production methods.
- Transportation from Venice or Padua by car
- 2 cantina visit and wine tastings in English
- Light lunch at a trattoria in the wine country
- Personal wine guide (Mario or Silvia)
What's Not Included
- Any service not mentioned in the inclusions
Know Before You Go
• The selection of cantinas may vary depending on availability
• Visits on Saturday and Sunday need to be reserved well in advance
• The operator will do their best to satisfy any particular request, such as a visit to a specific producer or restaurant
• Please contact vendor to verify costs in case of different pick-up or drop-off locations