Explore historic Padua on a full-day tour from Venice, and discover the most dynamic town in the Veneto. The high speed train transfer takes you to the heart of the city, where you will see sights such as the former Ghetto, Prato della Valle, and more.
What to Expect
Catch the high speed train from Venice to Padua for a full-day guided tour of the city’s historic sights. Upon arrival, a guide will meet you for a 2-hour walking tour that also includes entrance to the famous Cappella degli Scrovegni.
Marvel at this masterpiece of Italian art and architecture, home to European and Italian paintings from the 14th century. One of its highlights is a series of frescoes by Giotto, demonstrating his skills with color and light, poetry and pathos.
Continue exploring the city after a 30-minute tour of the chapel, going to the porticoed Piazza delle Erbe, site of one of the city’s oldest markets. Admire the medieval town hall of the Palazzo della Ragione, and wander the streets of the former Ghetto, home of the only synagogue in the city still in use.
Enjoy lunch at a restaurant that specializes in traditional Veneto cuisine. Then, visit the elliptical Prato della Valle, one of the largest squares in Europe. Full of beautiful statues positioned around a small canal, the piazza is also the site of the giant Basilica of Saint Anthony. The rest of the afternoon is yours at leisure before the return train to Venice.
- High speed train from Venice to Padua
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance to Scrovegni Chapel
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
What's Not Included
- Gratuities and tips to the guide, driver, and hotel personnel
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees to monuments and sites not specified in the itinerary
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please be at the station in plenty of time to catch the train, as per arrangements. You should be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. If you fail to arrive within this time your tour will be canceled, and Passeggiate Italiane can not be held responsible for any claim of refund or partial refund. Tickets purchased for any train travel as part of a service are not refundable under any condition
• Pets, bags, video cameras, cameras, and food and drink are not allowed inside the Scrovegni Chapel (you will be asked to leave them in the cloakroom). Mobile phones must be switched off