Venice: St. Mark’s Basilica & Doge's Palace After DarkProduct ID: 53678
From US$140.55 per personBook now
- Access St. Mark's Basilica after hours
- See the lavish apartments and meeting halls of the Doge's Palace
- Look at the Pala d’Oro altarpiece without the crowds
- Hear stories about the dukes of the Venetian Empire
- Discover stunning frescoes by Tintoretto and Veronese
- Walk across the Bridge of Sighs from the inside
Meet your guide by the statue of the winged lion on St. Mark’s Square. Then, enter the Doge's Palace to learn more about the center of power during the Venetian Republic. See the sumptuous apartments of the Venetian rulers, as well as the Hall of the Great Council with its stunning frescoes by Veronese and Tintoretto.
Hear secret stories behind the art, such as why one doge in the painted series is covered by a black veil. Learn how the were dukes were elected, and what they did. Explore the massive armory and spooky prisons. Cross the Bridge of Sighs on the inside, and hear why it is not quite as romantic as you might have thought!
After a short break, continue to the Byzantine basilica of St. Mark's, and see its gilt decorations after the crowds have left for the day. A custodian of the cathedral will unlock its doors so that you can experience like only a doge could. Marvel at the gemstones of the Pala d’Oro altarpiece.
Visit the crypt, where the bones of St. Mark are said to be kept. Admire mosaics in the soft glimmer of the evening light, and learn about Venetian art and history from your passionate guide.
- Access to St. Mark’s Basilica after closing
- Entrance tickets and reservation fees for the Doge’s Palace
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Just outside the entrance of the Correr Museum on Piazza San Marco, 30124. This is on St. Mark's Square at the opposite side of the Basilica. You will find the Correr Museum entrance underneath the portico. (Open in Google Maps)
• The prisons and armory at the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible
• Backpacks are not permitted inside St. Mark's Basilica
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• This tour runs rain or shine. However, occasionally St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace are closed to the public without previous notice, due to high tides or particular festivities
• Please note that there will be a short break (15-30 minutes) between your visit to the Doge’s Palace and your after-hours visit to St.Mark’s Basilica
• This is a small group tour of 15 people or fewer
Product ID: 53678