Hike out into the rugged, untouched Icelandic wilderness on this trip to the Falljökull glacier from Skaftafell. Put on glacier gear and make your way up icy slopes to take in amazing views and see chunks of glaciers splash into the peaceful ocean waters.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Meet at Skaftafell Booking Center hut near the car park at Skaftafell Visitor Center in Vatnajökull National Park. Head toward the huts in the car park. The Booking Center is marked with an Arctic Adventures Glacier Guides sign in green, blue and white. Skaftafell National Park is located just off of the main ring road, on road 998. Skaftafell is approximately 4 hours east of Reykjavik and 1.5 hours west of Höfn.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Head covering or kippah
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- Remember to bring warm outdoor clothing, a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, gloves, a water bottle and snacks
- Good hiking shoes are also recommended
- Waterproof clothing and hiking boots may be rented out (subject to availability)
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- To use the specialized glacier gear, the minimum shoe size of the participant to join the tour is 35 EU, and the largest shoe size is 50 EU