Glacier Wonders Glacier Hiking Trip from Skaftafell
- Take an eco-adventure in the heart of Iceland's rugged wilderness
- Go for a hike on the Falljökull glacier
- Let yourself be amazed by the unforgettable and peaceful landscapes
- Experience a small group tour
As you get on the glacier, make your way up the icy but easily accessible slopes. On the way, you will see the area's unique ice formations, learn about how they were formed and how the glacier continues to change shape every day.
Then prepare to approach and watch the awe-inspiring icefall to see how the chunks of glacier ice stoically fall hundreds of meters off the mountain top below, flowing ever-so-slowly towards the ocean. Then listen to how the glacier's journey will never be completed, as global warming continues to fuel glacial melting and their slow retreat.
Take your chance to explore the peaceful Icelandic scenery and get up close with the ancient ice and gain a new understanding of why these glaciers are so important to the world as a whole.
- Glacier hike and glacier gear
- Transportation to Skaftafell
Prepare for the activity
The tour supplier's booking office at Skaftafell national park. Skaftafell National Park is located just off of the main ring road, on road 998. Skaftafell is approximately 4 hours east of Reykjavik and 1.5 hours west of Höfn.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Minimum age for this tour is 8 years