Hike out into the rugged, untouched Icelandic wilderness on this trip to the Falljökull glacier from Skaftafell. Put on glacier gear and make your way up icy slopes to take in amazing views and see chunks of glaciers splash into the peaceful ocean waters.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
The tour supplier's booking office at Skaftafell national park. Skaftafell National Park is located just off of the main ring road, on road 998. Skaftafell is approximately 4 hours east of Reykjavik and 1.5 hours west of Höfn.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- Remember to bring warm outdoor clothing, a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear, gloves, a water bottle and snacks
- Good hiking shoes are also recommended
- Waterproof clothing and hiking boots may be rented out (subject to availability)
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- In order to attach crampons to the shoes, the minimum shoe size of the participant to join the tour is 35 EU, and the largest shoe size is 50 EU