See priceless works of art from the Papal collections in the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Marvel at masterpieces from antiquity to Michelangelo’s legendary frescoes.
About this ticket
- Cancellation policy
- This activity is non-refundable
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Optional audio guide
- English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, German, Chinese, Korean
What customers loved
"Every thing the walk to the Sistine Chapel is like a pilgrimage"
"Being able to bypass the long lines"
"Many famous arts, paintings, sculptures, etc. +1 extra thumbs up for the ancient mummy at the very beginning of the journey. :)"
"The entire tour was spectacular"
"I enjoyed the museum. The ceilings were spectacular!"
"So worth it to get tickets in advance and not stand in the line wrapped around the block in the blazing hot sun!"
"Listening to the audio was a smart idea we learned a lot"
Select participants and date
Go directly to the Vatican Museum entrance on Viale Vaticano. Use the preferred GetYourGuide entrance and show your ticket (paper and mobile voucher are accepted) to the security guards at the entrance, then scan your ticket at the box office CASSA ONLINE E GRUPPI after the security check.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card for children
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes
- Youth tickets are available for those between the ages of 6-18 (inclusive) with a valid ID card
- St Peter’s Basilica and the Square may be closed in the morning due to Papal Audience
- The opening hours are subject to change due to special events at the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter's Basilica
- Children under 6 years old go free of charge with a valid ID
- Those with a disability and their carer or companion go free of charge with a certificate of disability, which you must present at the Special Permits and/or the Reception desk in the hall of the museum
- The minibus tour is not available for children 6 years old or younger
- The Vatican can get very crowded all year round. June, July and August are particularly busy as they are high-season months
- Open Monday to Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (final entry 4:00 PM)