Discover the Vatican Museums on an early morning tour with skip-the-line entry. Visit the Sistine Chapel before it opens to the public, a unique way to see this spectacular, world-famous building.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide next to the flower stand on the corner of Viale Giulio Cesare and Via Leone IV. They will have a Through Eternity sign or flag.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The Vatican Museums provides free entrance for visitors who are (according to the requirements stated by the Vatican City) at least 74% disabled by presenting the appropriate certification and, if one needs assistance from another person, that person also receives a free entrance. Inform when you are booking if you fit into these requirements
- Advise if any travelers have mobility concerns so that they can try to be accommodated
- St. Peter's Basilica may be subject to unscheduled closings and late openings, in this case, you will explore the Vatican Museums in more detail
- To obtain a student discount, valid student ID must be shown on the day of the tour
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and select museums. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- Large bags, backpacks, tripods and large umbrellas cannot be brought into the museums. Large items will have to be left at the museum coat check and retrieved after your visit to St. Peter’s Basilica