Enjoy a 2-hour night photography tour in the historic Gastown in Vancouver. Start the walking tour at Canada Place with your tripod and DSLR camera. Practice light trails, and learn about long exposure photography and more about how cameras work.
What to Expect
This night photowalk tour starts at Canada Place, where you learn about the basics of long exposure photography. Your guide will assess where you're at with photography and catch you up if there are more experienced participants in the class.
You cover some basic architectural and composition aspects with the help of Vancouver's new Convention Centre and iconic Canada Place. You then head to Gastown to practice light trails, night portraiture, and writing with light.
The class covers black and white photography and if time permits, you go into special effects using flash and zoom. You conclude the tour at the Steam Clock in Gastown, and combine all of the previous elements of the photowalk.
Please note that as the sunset time changes the start time for this tour will shift. Once you register you will be contacted with the exact start time of the tour, but it will be around 30 minutes prior to sunset.
- Photography tour in Vancouver
- An online gallery of photowalk images with tips and suggestions (and maybe a picture of you on your photowalk)
- Photography instruction
What's Not Included
- Camera gear
- Tripods (though we have them available to rent with advance notice for $10)
- Water and snacks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please dress appropriately for the weather
• Don't forget to charge your batteries and bring a memory card with room to shoot
• A tripod is required but we do have some for rent if you didn't bring one on your trip
• This activity will not take place in rainy weather
• Please note that the start time of these photo walks shifts throughout the year. On average, the tour begins about 30 minutes prior to sunset. You will be contacted within a week of the photo walk and advised of the exact start time