Valencia: San Nicolas, Silk Museum and Santos Juanes Church
- Explore all the Church of San Nicolás has to offer in an easy and convenient way
- Embark on a journey from east to west with a visit to the Silk Museum
- Enjoy the temporary exhibitions that the museum hosts throughout the year
- Visit the Church of Santos Juanes
- Discover more about these monuments and their histories with an included audio guide
After an incredible restoration, the Silk Museum opens its doors to let you discover its history on an extraordinary journey. To speak of silk is to speak of a golden era for Valencia, which led to the transformation of the landscape and the way of life in the city for centuries.
Explore all the secrets of the Gremi de Velluters — the silk velvet weavers' guild in Valencia — at the building where they established themselves in the 15th century, now the Silk Museum. With your audio guide, learn about the discovery of silk, the raising of silkworms, the way this luxurious material was produced in the almost 5000 looms around the city, and the success of silk fabrics in the 18th century.
One of the oldest parishes in Valencia, founded more than 700 years ago, the Church of San Nicolas is an old Gothic temple reformed centuries later to give it the appearance it has today. While there, admire the beautiful baroque decoration that impresses everyone who visits it. Discover in its interior almost 2,000 square meters (21,528 square feet) of impressive fresco paintings covering its vaults, and marvel at a place known as the Valencian Sistine Chapel.
- Silk Museum entrance
- Church of San Nicolas entrance
- Church of Santos Juanes entrance
- Audio guide (available in Spanish, Valencian, English, French, and Italian)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
You can show up directly at the Silk Museum or at the Church of San Nicolas. The address mentioned on the voucher is of the church: Carrer dels Cavallers, 35, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain. The Silk Museum is located at Carrer de l'Hospital, 7, 46001 València, Spain.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Children are free under 12 years old
• All sites are wheelchair accessible.
• The average time spent in the church and in the museum is approximately 40 minutes (in each site)
• You can choose the order of the visit, and have 6 days to visit all the monuments. You don’t have to visit the 3 sites on the same day
• The church might conduct mass and the access can be restricted at some times
• Please refer to the opening hours of each site before planning your visit:
• Church of San Nicolas opening hours: from Tuesday to Friday 10:30 AM-7:30 PM, Saturday 10:30 AM- 6:30 PM, and Sunday 1-8 PM. The church is closed on Mondays
• Silk Museum opening hours: Monday 10 AM-3 PM, from Tuesday to Sunday 10 AM-7 PM
• Church of Santos Juanes opening hours: Monday to Sunday 10 AM-7:30PM