Valencia: Private Utiel-Requena Wine Region TourProduct ID: 40167
From $337 Per group up to 25Book now
- Experience the wine country of Valencia and sample some characteristic local wines
- Explore the beautiful area of Requena and learn more about life in the region
- Learn about over 2,500 years of wine-making tradition, over 600 varietals of grapes and the official distinctions
Enjoy the opportunity to sample wines and take an interesting tour at one of more than 100 local wineries.
Spain is one of the pre-eminent wine production regions in the world, with an incredible diversity of products due to its various climates, traditions and soil compositions. A striking number of around 600 grape varietals grow here; fewer than 10% of Spanish wines are made with foreign grapes. Official designation of origin (D.O.) serves as a distinction and quality control for the producers.
There are 3 official distinctions of origin (D.O. Valencia, D.O. Utiel-Requena and D.O. Alicante), which for many years have enjoyed a swift rise in popularity. Some of the rich and earthy wines have achieved distinction on a global level.
The rest of the day is open to requests and suggestions (such as lunch in Requena or tasting local sausage specialties) and can be tailored to your wishes.
Your own transportation is required: rental car, taxi, or minivan/bus. Taxis and minivans/busses can be booked through your guide.
- Tour with licensed guide
- Winery entry (maximum €10)
Various pick-up points can be organized, for instance at Torres de Serranos, Valencia. For pick-ups in the harbor (for cruise passengers) there is a surcharge of €25. (Open in Google Maps)
• Cancellations made within 5 days of the tour will receive a 50% refund. Same-day cancellations receive no refund
• There is a 50% surcharge on Saturdays after 14:00, Sundays and public holidays.
• For pick-ups in the harbor (for cruise passengers) there is a surcharge of €25.
Product ID: 40167