Valencia: Half-Day Albufera Excursion
- Visit the “marjal”, the biggest ecosystem of the park
- Discover El Palmar, a village lying at the heart of the reserve
- Tour the Ethnological Museum
- Learn about the “barracas”, traditional housing constructions
- Take a boat trip at sunset to observe the fauna, as well as the aquatic vegetation
The Albufera is the biggest lagoon in Spain, and is also one of Europe’s most important wetland. Despite being so close to the city, the park has managed to preserve its singularity. As you enter its domain, you will be taken to another age, far from the nearby 21st-century city. The area combines wild duned beaches, swamps, and fishermen towns, however the park’s most characteristic elements are the rice paddies, which change in appearance and color between seasons.
A visit to Albufera would not be complete without a relaxing boat trip through its waters, especially at sunset, which will show you firsthand why the Arab poets called it the “sun’s mirror”. When the time arrives to return to Valencia, you will be left convinced that you have traveled through time for several hours.
- Transportation (bus or minivan) from/to the meeting point
- Entrance fees
- Local guide in the park
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Xàtiva metro station, on the sidewalk next to "Instituto Lluís Vives" (Lluís Vives High School), in front of the station. Carrer de Xàtiva (Xàtiva St.), corner with Avenida del Marqués de Sotelo.Open in Google Maps ⟶