Enjoy the charms and flavors of the Huerta de Valencia, a stunning agricultural area. Walk around, appreciate it, and experience it up close.
What to Expect
Wand to see one of the newest suburban fields in Europe? In the Valencian orchard (huerta of Valencia), the mixture of water, productive land and farmers' wisdom has created a unique environment that will make you forget the city is just steps away.
Enjoy a pick-up from your hotel in Valencia, then let your local guide show you the great environmental, cultural and historical heritage abundant in this rural zone: waterwheels, Arab ditches, local crops, little fields, traditional farm houses (alquerías and barracas). Discover the traditions and customs of the locals.
Learn the surprising and curious history of the institution that regulates water irrigation in this area: the Tribunal de las Aguas (Water Court), declared Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO, that still has a great importance to resolve many conflicts between farmers about the use of water.
Then, experience the true essence of the Valencian Orchard by yourself. Head to a singular barraca (hut) in the middle of the orchard to see typical carriages, a small museum with farming tools used in the past, a mini farm, horse stables and crops of fresh vegetables. Watch the chef prepare the fresh ingredients for the paella you will savor in a few minutes.
Prepare your senses for what is to come - a table will be filled with a variety of local dishes and make sure to save room for one of the best paellas in Valencia, exquisite desserts, Valencian sweets, coffee and mistela wine.
This incredible day is not over yet! Enjoy a traditional carriage ride through the orchard to a small hut equipped in the traditional way. Learn how the orchard’s people lived until a few years ago.
Delight in this unique and enriching experience you'll not soon forget.
- Hotel pick-up (Valencia + 5km)
- Expert visit guide: traditional farmhouses, irrigation channels, local crops, traditions and customs of the locals.
- Full menu lunch in a "barraca" (farmhouse): variety of typical starters dishes, Valencian paella, drinks, desserts, Valencian sweets, coffee and mistela wine
- Traditional carriage ride thought the orchard
- Visit to a "barraca"
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Guided tours are available in Spanish, English and French
• You must wear comfortable clothes, appropriate shoes, hat, water (2 km. walking)
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
• Duration: 4-5 hours approx. Guided tour: 1,15 hr
• Children must be accompanied by an adult